For the pastry
- 75g (3 oz) butter
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 125g (4¼ oz) plain flour
For the lemon filling
- 3 eggs
- 200g (7 oz) caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Process butter, 4 tablespoons icing sugar and 125g flour in food processor 10 seconds, or blend with pastry blender. Pat dough evenly into 23cm tart tin.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, caster sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and 3 tablespoons flour and mix until smooth; pour mixture over hot pastry case.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes more, until firm. Let cool completely in tin. Dust with icing sugar and cut into 12 slices.